History and Milestones

15th Century

Thun's oldest inn.

1947

Founding of the Hotel Freienhof Association

1958

Completely demolished and rebuilt, construction of the large hall on the 1st floor

1974

Extension south facing hotel rooms

2001

Conversion of the Association into a public limited company, redesign of the double rooms

2004

After 50 years of working together, the contract with the BLS Cruise Company is not renewed and with that, culinary responsibility on board the Lake Thun boats is relinquished.

2006

Strategic directors decide to focus the business on seminars and conferences; redesign of rooms with queen beds and single rooms.

2008

Redesign of the all meeting spaces.

2010

Covered driveway to the hotel and construction of the roof terrace.

Gutscheine bestellen